Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Salma Hayek praises social media’s ‘peaceful revolution’ for women

Salma Hayek
Salma Hayek, a leading Mexican actress, has made her Facebook and Twitter debut – and taken her first selfie while commending the “peaceful revolution” on social media that has enabled women to tackle problems such as age and body image stereotyping in advertising.

Hayek used her Advertising Week Europe session with senior Facebook executive, Nicola Mendelsohn, to announce her debut on the social network, with her arrival on Instagram and Twitter to follow on Tuesday.
“I am a rebel and I don’t want to do what everyone else does,” she said, speaking to about 300 attendees at the session held at St James’s Church in Piccadilly. “I did resist [social media]. I have this idea that I [like to be personally] present, I’m not always calling, texting. When I am with you, I am with you. And I feel sometimes people are not so present because of social media.”
Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment